Sunday, September 26, 2010

Shakespeare Sculpting Challange!

 I am a huge fan of everything Shakespeare, and I love sculpting in polymer clay, so I thought, why not try to make a character from each of Shakespeare's plays in, say, a year. I gave my self a large enough time frame since I am a full time student now, which also means I probably wont be posting every day, but I will try very hard to keep everything updated.
I will be making all my figures out of a polymer clay called Super Sculpy, with a foil and wire armature (core), colored with acrylics and chalk pastels. I have Sir John Falstaff from Henry IV part one already done, and I will post that as soon as I can so that you all can see what kind of work I do. Since I did jump the gun a little with getting started, I am not sure about the end date; I'm thinking of the end of September 2011 maybe? I'll start with the Historys, then the Comedys, then the Tragedies, and finally the Romances. I will be going from my Riverside Shakespeare, and I will not do Cardenio or Edward III. Once I get more familiar with the whole blog thing, I will post a list. Feel free to comment on what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment