Sunday, December 12, 2010

All's Well That Ends Well





As you probably have already noticed, I did it again. I did not post progress pictures. The thing is, it's just so annoying to stop and take pictures when all one wants to do is sculpt or paint. Anyway, that is not what I am unhappy about. The issue is with Helena, she is leaning backwards!!!! I am SO unhappy. You can't tell in the pictures, and hopefully it isn't terribly bad, but in person it just looks horrible. Ugh.
Anyway, at least the rest of it turned out okay; you can't see the hair very well in the picture, but it turned out pretty well, I think. Of course, the "touch of red" I talked about earlier blossomed into a huge skirt of red, but that's okay too. I guess she did turn out all right, but she certainly doesn't look like how I imagined, somehow the clay always ends up deciding what a person will look like.
Helena is a woman who is in love with Bertram, and the entire play is about how Helena tries to marry and keep the unloving Bertram through impossible circumstances.


KING.
What 'her' is that?
LAFEU.
Why, doctor 'she': my lord, there's one arriv'd,
If you will see her,--now, by my faith and honour,
If seriously I may convey my thoughts
In this my light deliverance, I have spoke
With one that in her sex, her years, profession,
Wisdom, and constancy, hath amaz'd me more
Than I dare blame my weakness: will you see her,--
For that is her demand,--and know her business?
That done, laugh well at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment